Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lots of Pictures and a Little Rambling

I'm not sure how an entire week has passed since my last post - where does the time go? I guess much of it is being taken up by a little boy who wants to eat every two to three hours and seems to need a diaper change every time I turn around. Hopefully I'll hit a stride soon and get better about communication in general. I have a long list of e-mails I'd like to send...

All is continuing to go well here, and as life has settled down a bit, my mind has started to do more processing and I'm working through bits and pieces of this experience of having a living child after more than 16 months of being parents of a stillborn son. Of course, this processing is the kind that will last for months and years, if not the rest of my life.

I have been distinctly aware of my perspective on time in the last two weeks. I have vivid memories of how I felt in the days after Noah was born, when each day felt like a week. Logically, I knew time would ease the pain somewhat and bring me to a place where I was better able to cope, and I desperately wanted to fast forward my life. Now, I am aware of how quickly Asher is already growing, and I want to be able to slow time down to savor every moment I have with him.

I would like to write more, but there is a hungry baby calling and I'm hoping to sneak in a few hours of sleep once his belly is full. So, for now I'll just wrap this up with the pictures I uploaded earlier today.

Asher with his fruit truck from Great-Uncle Thad and Great-Aunt Erilynne.


Asher meets the Cowgur family.

Asher's first Super Bowl - he slept through most of it, but at least he was representing Packer pride.

Quality father-son time.

Wide awake and ready to roll.

Cuddled up and snoozing.

Doing some floor excercises.

Practicing tummy time - so far not a favorite...

Sydney is very interested in this squeaky new addition to the family.

Friends? Maybe...


Hanging out in the recliner.


Heading on to the beach for some excercise.

Walking the beach - the weather has been amazingly beautiful lately, which is rare for a Maine February.

No comments:

Post a Comment