Friday, February 5, 2010

Asher's First Week

I know many people have been waiting to see more pictures of Asher, but time seems to keep disappearing out from under me. I'm certainly not complaining - I can't describe the joy we've experienced in getting to know this little guy over the last week. Soon I hope to be able to articulate how incredibly blessed we feel, but my brain is still in a bit of a haze so that will have to wait for another day. For now, I'll just go with the "a picture is worth a thousand words" theory and post some images from the last week...

Getting ready to leave the hospital in his new Packers outfit.
Arriving home for the first time.
Reading a book with Granddad.
Another reading shot - the making of a book lover.
Taking a nap on the couch with Daddy.
Trying to get that finger in his mouth - it's harder than it looks.
A big yawn while trying on his Bolivian hat.
Asher's first sponge bath - he didn't exactly enjoy the experience...
All clean and dry.
Asher goes to the beach.
Snuggled up in his carseat.

Just hanging out with Mama.
Wide awake after breakfast (can you call it breakfast when you eat every few hours around the clock?)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah...mmmm....the whole 'brain is in a bit of a haze thing'? Get used to it. Maggie's 4 months, and the hazy thing is still going strong. Hopefully you don't forget Asher and your grocery cart in the produce section at Hannaford. Not that I did anything close to that--it's was near the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm serious...if you guys didn't live so far away I would be on my way over right now (totally uninvited and everything) to snack on Asher's cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your sweet baby boy, Lindsay! He is born on the best day of the year, if I do say so myself! :) Hope you are feeling well! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, He is so sweet! I think the beach is beautiful, too! He looks like a very cuddly guy:) :) :) ~Jen

    ReplyDelete