Monday, February 1, 2010

Introducing...

Asher James Schuenke, born on Sunday, January 31 at 5:33 p.m. weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches long. We chose the name Asher because it means blessed, or happy, and since the moment we discovered his existence, this little boy has done so much to bring happiness back into our lives. Also, we know how blessed we are to have him - we have done nothing to deserve this incredible gift.

I know I'll have more thoughts and reflections on this experience in the coming days, but for now I am to distracted to focus for long. We will also work on posting video soon. For now, I'll leave you with some pictures.



Me with my baby boy. Mark showing off his son.
Asher with his grandmother.
Three generations.
Asher with his grandad.
Asher with Rebecca, who has been such an incredible support to us.


































4 comments:

  1. Oh, my word. He is a muffin! What a beautiful, edible little boy! You guys look so happy and relieved and joy-filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie (I'm talking about Mark of course--the kid is cute too). I'm so happy for all of you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all weepy! You all look so wonderfully, incredibly happy.

    How fast did Barry get on that plane? Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm choked up, here. This is so awesome...So happy for you! Congrats, you guys.

    Jeff Tigchelaar

    ReplyDelete